I attended the BCAMT conference in person. I had an amazing time at the conference and I feel like I learned so much about math education. The three sessions I attended were Helping Students Enjoy Pre-Calculus 11, 12 and Calculus Courses, Standard Based Assessment: Proficiency Levels and Exemplars in Practice, and Curricular Competencies in Secondary Mathematics. I chose these specific sessions (particularly the last two) because my goal is to have a firm grasp on standard based assessment. The idea of using standard based assessment is so new to me and I wanted the opportunity to learn more about it and see how other teachers are approaching standard based assessment. I was surprised to see that veteran teachers are also having a hard time using standard based assessment, which made me realize this is new for all teachers right now and we will all learn together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Final Reflection
When I first started this class (and the BEd in general) I was so nervous! I remember feeling so ill-prepared to become a math teacher and ...
-
I have felt flow in my math classes when I am particularly engaged or interested in a topic we are learning. I also feel flow during croche...
-
Unit plan Slope and Rate of Change.docx Rise over Run Lesson Plan.docx Review of Trig Ratios and the Pythagorean Theorem Lesson Plan.docx ...
-
I have put a picture of my calculations and following that there is a description of my rationale. I started this problem by considering t...
It was great to see you at the BCAMT conference! Thanks for these good notes -- sounds like you took away very interesting ideas and observations.
ReplyDelete